Proper denture care is important for both the health of your dentures and mouth. Here at Epsom Dentalcare, our dental professionals, Dr John Burford, Dr Lance Mundy and Dr James Philpott will provide you with the best advice and information on caring for your dentures.
Here are a few tips for caring for your dentures at home:
- Handle your dentures with care. To avoid them dropping and breaking, it's a good idea to handle them over soft towel or a sink of water.
- Thoroughly scrub the whole denture two to three times a day with a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Brush your gums, tongue and palate with a soft-bristled tooth brush each morning before placing your dentures.
- Rinse your dentures in water after meals.
- Once a week, soak the denture overnight in a glass of water mixed with a little white vinegar. This will make cleaning the denture with a toothbrush easier. To achieve a very shiny denture try scrubbing with the 'yellow velvet laundry soap' once or twice a week, and rinse thoroughly.
- Maintain a healthy, balanced diet to ensure proper nutrition and oral health.
- Maintain regular dental visits. Your dental professional will advise how often you need to visit for a check-up.
- Contact us here at Epsom Dentalcare if you have any concerns.
To find out more about dental care, or to book an appointment, contact our friendly receptionists Emily and Alana on (09) 0800 524 042 today.